Applying for a place
Admissions for 2018-2019
If your child is due to start primary school OR transfer from primary to secondary school in September 2018 you need to submit your application online using the applications portal.
Click here to take you to Rochdale Council Admissions website
School admission arrangements have been determined for September 2018 for Rochdale Borough community and voluntary controlled schools.
What is the admission criteria?
For community and voluntary controlled schools we allocate places in the following order:
- Children in the Care of a Local Authority.
- Children with exceptional medical needs or exceptional welfare considerations which are directly relevant to the school concerned.
- Children with older siblings attending the school.
- Children with church affiliation, only applicable to Voluntary Controlled Church of England Schools.
- Children eligible for the service premium.
- Proximity, where you live.
How do I apply for a place, when can I do it and when do I find out about my place?
For both primary and secondary school places you have to apply through your home Local Authority so if you live in Rochdale and want a school place within Rochdale or another Local Authority you must apply through us. If you live in another borough and want a school place at a Rochdale school you must apply through your home local authority. You will be able to apply online for a school place from 1st September for both primary and secondary school places. The closing dates and notification of decisions are as follows:
|Apply from||Closing date||Offer date - notify parents|
|Primary||15th January 2018||17th April 2018|