Welcome to our website. SELF ISOLATION HOME LEARNING - Daily lessons can be found on the Parents tab / Covid 19/ Self isolation lessons. All information about Covid 19 and learning at home can be found under the Parents tab.
At Bowlee Park we know how important it is to develop a supportive learning environment that promotes the emotional, personal and social development of all children. PSHE teaches children the knowledge, understanding, attitudes and practical skills to live safe, healthy, productive lives and meet their full potential. We want our pupils to become responsible members of society, and so through the PSHE curriculum we encourage them to play a positive role in contributing to the life of the school and the wider community.
As part of the PSHE curriculum, we teach the pupils Relationship Health Education. RHE provides the children with age appropriate information that covers mental health and wellbeing, physical health (including healthy lifestyles) and learning about safe, healthy relationships, including understanding consent and safety online.
The programme of study is separated into three themes:
Health and Wellbeing
Living in the Wider World
In the teaching of PSHE (including RHE) we aim for all of our children:
• to know and understand what constitutes a healthy lifestyle;
• to be aware of safety issues including online risks, keeping their bodies safe and consent;
• to know the characteristics of positive, healthy friendships;
to manage different feelings in a positive and effective way;
• to value themselves and have respect for others;
• to acknowledge and appreciate difference and diversity;
• to be thoughtful and responsible members of their community and their school;
• to become active members of our democratic society;
• to develop self-confidence and self-esteem; and make informed choices regarding personal and social issues;
• to make informed choices regarding personal and social issues;
• to recognise the connections between their learning, the world of work and their future economic well-being;
• to know about how people manage money;
• to contribute to enterprise activities;
• to develop good relationships with other members of the community.
As part of the PSHE programme and integral to Bowlee Park we are a Rights Respecting School and an Enhanced Healthy School.