Bowlee Park knows about the importance of developing a supportive learning environment that promotes the emotional, personal and social development of every child in the class. Personal, social and health education (PSHE) make a vital contribution to this. PSHE enables children to become healthier, more independent and more responsible members of society. We encourage our pupils to play a positive role in contributing to the life of the school and the wider community. In so doing, we help to develop their sense of self-worth.
We follow the PSHE Association programme of study which covers all aspects of Personal, Social, Health Education and ensures continuity and progression throughout the school. The programme of study is separated into three themes. These are:
Health and Wellbeing
Living in the Wider World
In the teaching of PSHE we aim for all of our children:
• to know and understand what constitutes a healthy lifestyle;
• to be aware of safety issues;
• to understand what makes for good relationships with others;
• to value themselves and have respect for others;
• to acknowledge and appreciate difference and diversity;
• to be thoughtful and responsible members of their community and their school;
• to become active members of our democratic society;
• to develop self-confidence and self-esteem; and make informed choices regarding personal and social issues;
• to make informed choices regarding personal and social issues;
• to recognise the connections between their learning, the world of work and their future economic well-being;
• to know about how people manage money;
• to contribute to enterprise activities;
• to develop good relationships with other members of the community.
As part of the PSHE programme and integral to Bowlee Park we are a Rights Respecting School. For further information on this programme click here.