It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Our policy on school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
· promotes a sense of pride in the school;
· engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
· is practical and smart;
· identifies the children with the school;
· prevents children from coming to school in fashion clothes that could be distracting in class;
· makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance;
· is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents;
· is designed with health and safety in mind.
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school.
The school wants all children to grow into healthy adults. We believe that it is dangerous for children to wear shoes that have platform soles or high heels, so we do not allow children to wear such shoes in our school. Neither do we allow children to wear trainers to school; this is because we think that this footwear is appropriate for sport or for leisurewear, but is not in keeping with the smart appearance of a school uniform. We require all children to wear shoes as stated in the uniform list.
School jumpers, cardigans, ties, coats and PE Kits can be purchased from Broadbents in Middleton.